Return Material Authorization (RMA) and Dead on Arrival (DOA)
If your equipment doesn’t work, make sure that power is connected, the power LED is on and that the equipment is connected to the network. If you have power, are connected to the network and still have a problem, try resolving by searching the GovComm Knowledge Base or by contacting technical support.
Customers can contact our technical support specialist for day-to-day support, open an RMA or to obtain the status of an existing RMA (the customer will need to provide the RMA number).
· Call 305-937-2000 (for the first available support specialist).
· Chat via the GovComm website consultant
· Email Support@GovComm.us indicating the product model number, serial number, brief description of the issue and contact information to initiate a support request.
To determine warranty, proof of purchase is required to be sent to the support specialist. The support specialist will troubleshoot with the customer. If the product is defective, an RMA is issued and the customer is advised how to return the product (with the RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the package). The customer is responsible for shipping expenses to GovComm.
Upon receipt, products will be factory defaulted and tested to determine the status, if the product status is:
· Not defective: it will be shipped** with a test results document.
· Repaired: it will be shipped** within 2 business days.
o with an in stock product, it will be shipped** within 2 business days.
o with an out of stock product, it will be shipped** within 10 business days.
Advance Replacement is a fee-based RMA service for in stock replacement products, to be shipped** out the same day. If the customer needs this service they can request an Advance Replacement RMA for a service fee of $30.00 USD plus an additional fee of $20.00 USD per camera. The customer is required to complete an Advance Replacement Agreement which authorizes GovComm to charge their credit card the advance replacement fee, in addition, if the defective unit is not returned within 30 days to charge the price of the replacement unit.
Dead On Arrival (DOA/Cross-Shipment)
If, within 30 days of end user purchase, the product is found defective a DOA (cross-ship) RMA will be issued. The customer is required to complete a DOA Agreement which, in the event the defective unit is not returned within 30 days authorizes GovComm to charge their credit card for the list price of the product. If the DOA agreement is received:
· before 2:00 pm a new product will be shipped same day via FedEx Next Day Air.
· after 2:00 pm the new product will shipped next business day via FedEx Next Day Air.
Out of Warranty
Products that are out of warranty can be returned to GovComm and tested for a fee of $75.00 USD. A Support Testing Agreement, including payment by credit card, must be completed prior to a Return Material Authorization being issued.
· If the product is not defective, it will be shipped** to the customer with a document indicating the test results within 5 business days
· Defective products (excluding altered, discontinued and water damaged products) qualify for our repair program.
** via FedEx ground unless expedited terms are specified and paid for by the customer.